Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Week 9, Thing #21: Podcasts, Radio On Demand

I almost gave up searching for interesting and library-related podcasts after going through Podcastalley.com, since it was one of the few podcast directory links that was still up and running. Luckily, I was curious and patient enough to discover wonderful podcasts via the iTunes podcast directory. The podcasts are easily searchable, and organized by topic. I discovered a poetry podcast and The Library of Congress: 2008 National Book Festival Podcast. I was really excited to find that the Library of Congress podcast featured recent interviews with popular young adult authors like Sharon Draper, Joseph Bruchac, R.L. Stine, and Jon Scieszka. While listening to Sharon Draper's interview, I learned about her involvement with the International Reading Association's "Reading Across Continents" program. There were also podcasts of library news and events for some public libraries, like the Seattle Public Library. I anticipate to continue looking for more helpful podcasts via iTunes and I am happy to discover this version of helpful information online.

No comments: