Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Week 2, Thing #3: Blogging

My first encounter with the Internet as a means to chat with friends online and compose a public online diary was as an undergrad. I came across acquaintances' blogs when they were linked to their AIM profiles, and a number of them used livejournal and Blogger, and then Xanga came on the scene. Back then blogging for me was just the digital way to journal, an opportunity for public self-expression. I am eager to learn and develop my web 2.0 skills and participate in the digital information evolution.

2 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Welcome to School Library Learning 2.0 - you are off to a wonderful discovery learning journey! Best wishes at SJSU SLIS. Be sure to join CSLA at student rate. You have a wonderful district librarian.

Just a note on your dark blog background -- it can be hard for the readers' eyes.

Enjoy!
- JackieS
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager

Becca said...

Yay! Up and blogging! I think describing blogging as a digital way to journal is quite accurate. I'm glad you're embarking on this Winter Fun ride. And, I guess you must have changed your background after Jackie's comment? The current color I see is kind of beige, and doesn't seem difficult on the eyes... what was it before?