Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Week 5, Thing #10: "A new fantastic point of view!"

Playing around with the text and image generators was amusing--and addicting! I enjoyed a number of the generators found on The Generator Blog like: the anagram generator, the Garfield comic strip generator, the poem generator, the Shakespearean insult generator, andthe Picassco painting generator. My favorite image generated project was from the Comic Strip Generator. Unlike the Garfield comic strip generator, you have a whole array of different pictures from television and movies so you have many characters to create funny comics. Here is one I created:


I know it's corny, but I think it's cute. I could make a whole bunch of bookmarks and stickers out of this too!

3 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Now to add a snippet of sound...a whole new world...:)

Becca said...

Whoa, I had missed the Shakespearean insult generator! Verily I feel like a plume-plucked minnow!

Did you show your created image to the students you work with? You could create a few different bookmarks or stickers (add your school library webpage url) and survey which ones are taken most quickly.... or of course there's creating a contest, with guidelines set up first of course, for students to submit their creations.

Ms.Jackson said...

Hey I like your blog..What does liminal mean??
What school are you planning to attend?
..me SJSU Fall 08.