Friday, January 18, 2008

Week 3, Thing #7: Wii go together

This past November my father bought a Nintendo Wii. The first people to try it out was neither his daughters nor his numerous nephews and nieces. It was actually his staff who broke it in, and he invited them to go bowling, play tennis and golf all on the Wii as a team-building exercise. My dad also bought the Wii because it can play your digital photos on a instant slide show that you can customize with music.

The Wii (aptly named) is the most group-oriented gaming consoles I have experienced. It's no wonder that public libraries hold Wii parties and tournaments, the Wii allows many and all sorts of people with varying degrees of video gaming skills to participate. It was inspiring to hear about my dad applying the Wii to his workplace! It reminded me how technology can bring people together in such a new and fun ways.

3 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

What a cool dad you have! And what a great idea for building team spirit and team fun. Why not borrow it for a teacher gathering or even a school fundraiser/fun-raiser?

Best wishes.

Becca said...

I had heard of some university libraries hosting wii parties, too, and when I was sending my son off to college last week I encouraged him to keep his ears open. He's already experienced many of the games, whereas I've only heard of it. I will keep my ears peeled to partake in any upcoming opportunity, given your rave reviews!

librarymum said...

I just saw a great news report on a retirement community who has wii activities for all. It was great to watch and seemed like a lot of fun. It seems like just another part of Learning 2.0 (maybe Fun 2.0)?

Librarymum of PageSpace